Creamy delicious Sweet Potato 🍠 and Peanut Butter Soup 🍲
This is one of our go to soups since most of the ingredients can easily be found in our pantry.
We love to make it a little on the thick side for a more creamy consistency. But you can make it as thick or as loose as you’d like.
Don’t be deceived by the soup, since the potatoes keep you satiated and full for a long time. 🤰🏼
So if you’re looking for a healthy but no compromise on flavour easy week night dinner, this is what you’ll need:-
🍠 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
🍠 2 medium sized carrots
🍠 1 red onion
🍠 3 or 4 garlic cloves
🍠 10-15 cherry tomatoes or 4 regular tomatoes
🍠 veg cube
🍠 1 can coconut milk
🍠 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
– Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and the carrots and boil until they can be pierced with a fork and can easily break up
-In the meantime, chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
– In a separate frying pan, sauté the onions and garlic until onions appear translucent.
– Add the tomatoes and cook until they can be easily broken down.
– When potatoes and carrots are ready, drain the water and add them to the frying pan with the other ingredients.
– Since it will now get dry very quickly, add the can of coconut milk.
– From here the process is pretty fast, add spices of your preference like paprika, garam masala, cilantro and even some chili flakes 🌶
– Also add half of a veg stock cube and the peanut butter. Simmer on low heat until the ingredients are very soft.
– Blend all together and serve with some croutons and even some sunflower seed to garnish 🤤 😋